Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A Tale of Two Bands


We had a wonderful visit to Eagle County over the weekend. We stayed in Vail and found our schedule revolving around hiking and music.
Saturday was all about the North Trail and a Bluegrass band named Hardscrabble. The hiking was great - bluebird skies and 50 degrees. The band was even better. And I’m definitely more inspired to work on my goal to learn the banjo. I wonder if Banjovi gives lessons?

Sunday was a little more edgy. Picture sideways beanies and baggy pants mixed with fur trimmed hats and one piece suits. Once you’ve got that vision, add some loud and fast head-banging music in the background. This was our treat after snowshoeing up Beaver Creek Mountain to catch The Nothings. Fronted by one of the Hardscrabble friends, this punk band definitely had the afternoon snow crowd captivated. My favorite tune was Chunks of You in My Stool...

Here’s to strings in the Rockies,
LK

No comments: