Thursday, September 20, 2007

Profile: The Riders

Leslie



Quote: "We must be the change we wish to see in the world"
iPod – Anything Jack Johnson
Last Good Book – Positively False by Floyd Landis
Food/Beverage I will miss the most: Iced Tea
Countries that I’m most looking forward to: New Zealand, Vietnam
First Bike: Yellow Schwinn with pink flowered banana seat
Most Favorite Bike Trip (so far): 2nd Annual White Rim Trip – the one where it rained and we got to see all of the waterfalls.
Worst Bike Wreck: The B.O.B Trailer Incident
Longest day on a bike: 2002 Vail Ultra 100, 100 miles, 12 hours, 53 minutes and 17 seconds
Bike for this Trip: Ibis Mojo steel hardtail. I’ve had it since 2000. The bike is in its third life, previously serving as a race rig and first generation singlespeed.




Chris



Quote: "I never try anything - I just do it."
iPod – Ziggy Marley: Love is my Religion
Last Good Book – State of Fear by Michael Crichton
Food/Beverage I will miss the most: Fruit smoothies
Countries that I’m most looking forward to: Vietnam, China
First Bike: black garage sale hybrid with a banana seat seat and bmx bars
Most Favorite Bike Trip (so far): Failed attempt to ride from Gypsum to Ouray for my dad’s wedding.
Worst Bike Wreck: Asphalt sampling on US Highway 6 near Gypsum.
Longest day on a bike: Basalt to Taylor Reservoir, 60 miles, 9 hours and Taylor Pass
Bike for this Trip: Strong Frames custom steel hardtail - built in Bozeman, Montana. The Strong made the transition back from being a singlespeed relatively easy; it was the rider who had a hard time letting go…

No comments: